The Salt Mountain Cultural Park offers visitors
- A guided trip down to a depth of 86 metres. Visitors can observe the interior of the galleries of the Salt Mountain, which were opened in 1997, and the full splendour and spectacular nature of the different folds and seams. A unique place in the world!
- A stroll around the former mining facilities: The museum area is located under the imposing headframe of the old mineshaft, which is known as Maria Teresa. It is an open space that features a presentation of the history of salt mining, the geology, mineralogy and the botany of this Site of Natural Interest: the Salt Valley of Cardona.
You can now visit the mineshaft machine building to observe a true jewel of industrial archaeology: the shaft’s machinery was designed and built by Alsthom (now known as Alstom) in the nineteen-twenties. In the basement there is a photography exhibition.
The “Casa del Romero” is now home to the Salt Handicraft Centre, Art-Sal. “La Botigueta” store, which offers a broad range of products and literature about Cardona, is located in the reception.
Opening hours and ticket purchase
Guided tours from Tuesday to Sunday.
Consult the sales webpage for available guided visits inside the Salt Mountain! Let’s make it easy, agile and safe! Places are limited! Tickets can be purchased at: entrades.cardonaturisme.cat
- Adults: 12€
- Pensioners: 10€
- Children of 2 to 4 years: 3€
- Children of 5 to 11 years: 6€
The best option? Cardona Ticket
Cardona Ticket is a pass that covers different guided visits at a single price. It offers a convenient and simple way of saving. Further information.
Would you like to make a private visit with your group?
A private guided visit for you and your group! The Foundation offers the option of a guide service for specific groups upon prior reservation. The date and time of the guided visits are determined to suit the group and depend on the Foundation’s availability. Complete the following form. We will consider your request and get in touch with you within 48-72 hours at the most.
Audio guides service:
The Salt Mountain offers free audio guides service in Catalan, Spanish, English and French.
A calm and safe visit. Rules:
- Respect the limited capacity. The Salt Mountain has a limited capacity that is scrupulously observed in order to guarantee that it remains in good condition.
- Mandatory use of face mask during the visit
- Keep the social distancing
- Use the hand-sanitizing gel provided
- Debit or credit card is the preferred payment method
- Helmets must be worn by all visitors (including children and minors).
- Neither photography nor filming is allowed, except in the zone indicated by the guide.
- Animals may not be brought into the complex.
- Baby pushchairs are not allowed in the mine.
- Temperature: 17ºC.
- Raincoat to protect from the salt.
- Visitors’ guide.For further information.
- As long as there is availability, tickets are purchased 30 minutes before the time of the start of the visit to leave enough time to provide the indications necessary
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- The route is adapted for the disabled.
- Shop “La Botigueta”
- Picnic area
- Free parking lot
- Educational Services building (check out information about space rental).