The Salt Mountain Cultural Park offers visitors
- A guided trip down to a depth of 86 metres. Visitors can observe the interior of the galleries of the Salt Mountain, which were opened in 1997, and the full splendour and spectacular nature of the different folds and seams. A unique place in the world!
- A stroll around the former mining facilities: The museum area is located under the imposing headframe of the old mineshaft, which is known as Maria Teresa. It is an open space that features a presentation of the history of salt mining, the geology, mineralogy and the botany of this Site of Natural Interest: the Salt Valley of Cardona.
You can now visit the mineshaft machine building to observe a true jewel of industrial archaeology: the shaft’s machinery was designed and built by Alsthom (now known as Alstom) in the nineteen-twenties. In the basement there is a photography exhibition.
The former carpenter’s shop and mechanical workshop is now home to the Salt Handicraft Centre, Art-Sal, and the “Memory of the Women of the Mining Colonies” exhibition. It now houses “La Cafeteria” and an outside terrace. “La Botigueta” store, which offers a broad range of products and literature about Cardona, is located in the reception.
TUESDAY TO FRIDAYS:
Complex open from 10.00h to 15.00h. Guided Tours at 11.30h (catalan) and 13.30h (spanish). Limited places – Visitors are advised to purchase tickets online
SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS:
Complex open from 10.00h to 18.00h. Last visit at 16.30h. Limited places – Visitors are advised to purchase tickets online
Special opening times: public holidays and rest of the year
Consult the sales webpage for available guided visits inside the Salt Mountain: entrades.cardonaturisme.cat
Limited places – Visitors are advised to purchase tickets online
- Adults: 12€
- Pensioners: 10€
- Children of 2 to 4 years: 3€
- Children of 5 to 11 years: 6€
The best option? Cardona Ticket
Cardona Ticket is a pass that covers different guided visits at a single price. It offers a convenient and simple way of saving. Further information.
Would you like to make a private visit with your group?
A private guided visit for you and your group! The Foundation offers the option of a guide service for specific groups upon prior reservation. The group must include a minimum of 25 adults. The date and time of the guided visits are determined to suit the group and depend on the Foundation’s availability. Complete the following form. We will consider your request and get in touch with you within 48-72 hours at the most.
Audio guides service:
The Salt Mountain offers free audio guides service in Catalan, Spanish, English and French.
- Helmets must be worn by all visitors (including children and minors).
- Neither photography nor filming is allowed, except in the zone indicated by the guide.
- Animals may not be brought into the complex.
- Baby pushchairs are not allowed in the mine.
- The Salt Mountain has a limited capacity that is scrupulously observed in order to guarantee that it remains in good condition.
- Temperature: 17ºC.
- Raincoat to protect from the salt.
- Visitors’ guide.For further information.
- Guided visits with limited places. Visitors are advised to purchase tickets online.
- As long as there is availability, tickets are purchased 30 minutes before the time of the start of the visit to leave enough time to provide the indications necessary
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- The route is adapted for the disabled.
- Shop “La Botigueta”
- Space “La Cafeteria” with outdoor terrace
- Picnic area
- Free parking lot
- Educational Services building (check out information about space rental).