Brother and sister, Carlota and Tomeu Bartomeu, are research scientists with knowledge in lots of areas of science. They are descendents of GuillemBartomeu, fifteenth-century alchemist and author of the LIBER SALIS, or the Book of Salt, which compiles all his knowledge about the Mountain… and also his great secret. The centuries have gone by and now one of the Bartomeus invites us to take part in the last phase of the Alchemy Project: the discovery of a new mineral, a stone that will change the history of humanity.
This expedition will lead us into the heart of the Salt Mountain and teach us how salt formed and the ways in which it is mined, the different types of salt, etc. We shall enjoy it using all five senses and meanwhile release our imagination to reveal a magical world in which everything is possible.
Opening times July 2019:
SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS: Theatrical visit at 10:45h, 11.45h and at 12.45h (in catalan).
From 16 july from Tuesday to Friday, theatrical visit at 11.45h (in catalan).
Opening times August 2019:
FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY: Theatrical visit at 10:45h, 11.45h and at 12.45h (in catalan).
SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS: Theatrical visit at 10:45h, 11.45h , 12.45h and at 16.15h (in catalan).
SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS: Theatrical visit at 10:45h, 11.45h, 12.45h and at 16.15h (in catalan).
Special opening times: Easter 2019, public holidays and rest of the year
Consult the sales webpage for available guided visits inside the Salt Mountain: entrades.cardonaturisme.cat
Limited places – Visitors are advised to purchase tickets online
- Adults: 14€
- Pensioners: 12€
- Children of 2 to 4 years : 8€
- Children of 5 to 11 years: 4€
The best option? Cardona Ticket
Cardona Ticket is a pass that covers different guided visits at a single price. It offers a convenient and simple way of saving. Further information.
Would you like to make a private visit with your group?
A private guided visit for you and your group! The Foundation offers the option of a guide service for specific groups upon prior reservation. The group must include a minimum of 25 adults. The date and time of the guided visits are determined to suit the group and depend on the Foundation’s availability. Complete the following form. We will consider your request and get in touch with you within 48-72 hours at the most.
- Helmets must be worn by all visitors (including children and minors).
- Neither photography nor filming is allowed, except in the zone indicated by the guide.
- Animals may not be brought into the complex.
- Baby pushchairs are not allowed in the mine.
- The Salt Mountain has a limited capacity that is scrupulously observed in order to guarantee that it remains in good condition.
- Temperature: 17ºC.
- Raincoat to protect from the salt.
- Visitors’ guide.For further information.
- Guided visits with limited places. Visitors are advised to purchase tickets online.
- As long as there is availability, tickets are purchased 30 minutes before the time of the start of the visit to leave enough time to provide the indications necessary.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- The route is adapted for the disabled.
- Shop “La Botigueta”
- Space “La Cafeteria” with outdoor terrace
- Picnic area
- Free parking lot
- Educational Services building (check out information about space rental).